Javascript

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Player Profile - Anne Leahy



Name: Anne Leahy
Age: 20
Years Playing: Since September 2010
College Team: Trinity
Club Team: LMS
What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming campaign: Getting to train hard and play with such a great group of players. Initially when I went to the trial the commitment this team required seemed pretty overwhelming. After two training weekends I can safely say I'm looking forward to many more trainings and can't wait until we get the chance to play our first tournament.
I'm very excited to see the potential this team has being realised, as well as improving as a player myself. Actually going to Canada and playing against teams of a really high standard and hopefully having some great games.
Anyone you're particularly looking to play alongside: I am really looking forward to playing with Caitlin and Leanne again after EYUC 2011, this is a very different team and set up but their enthusiasm and commitment has always impressed me. In general though, everyone. It's a lot of fun to be on a team with people I have been watching and playing against for the last few years as well as some very familiar faces from Trinity, there is a great mix of people from different clubs and colleges. For an U23's team there is a huge amount of experience and ability on the team which is very exciting.
Personal Paragraph: We had a team talk at our first training weekend where it was decided that to become a successful ultimate player we had to be academically competent (and of course financially stable). Pretty much anyone could tell you I'm quite good at playing frisbee instead of doing pretty much anything else so this is a goal of mine...we'll see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment